Friday, October 1, 2010


1980s Greatest Hits & My Ratings

1980s Greatest Hits & My Ratings1980s Greatest Hits & My Ratings
I grew up in Taiwan during 90s and I too has been influenced by the era of great 80s love songs and soft rocks as my parent blasting them away during car rides and at home! I guess that it is the reason why I am going on to like vocal trance...
So we got 3 parts of 80s hits sampler below compiled by someone on Youtube which most of them that I have heard or know of, but not all of 80s hits were listed, IMHO! Still, very impressive compilation as I gave ratings to each one of the track listed below with no star being completely unaware, unlike or unheard of and 5 stars being absolutely the greatest hits of 80s! I will start to feature each of the 80s hit with 4 stars and above in their own post with full song and lyrics in the coming days! I have to say my top 2 favorite music genres of all time are vocal trance & 80s!

*PS-I will be adding some of my greatest 80s hits into the lists that didn't mention in these videos, particularly from Phil Collins!


80s Hits Part 1

** Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like A Lady
*** A-ha - Take On Me
* A-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV
Alan Parsons Project - Don't Answer Me
* Alice Cooper - Poison
Alphaville - Big In Japan
***** Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
***** Berlin - Take My Breath Away
* Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
*** Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen
Bon Jovi - Bed Of Roses
***** Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
*** Bon Jovi - You give love a bad name
*** Boy Meets Girl - Waiting for a star to fall
**** Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (ADD BY ME)
**** Bryan Adams - Heaven
***** Bryan Adams - Run To You
**** Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (ADD BY ME)
Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love
***** Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
***** Chicago - You're the inspiration
**** Christopher Cross - Sailing
Climie Fisher - Love Changes Everything
Cock Robin - The Promise You Made
* Crowded House - Don't dream it's over
***** Cutting Crew - I Just died in your arms
* Cutting Crew - I've been in love before
David Bowie - Absolute Beginners
David Bowie - China Girl
* Dead Or Alive - You spin me round
Def Leppard - Love Bites
*** Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence
Depeche Mode - Never let me down again
***** Don Henley - Boys of summer
* Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
**** Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight (ADD BY ME)
* Elton John - Sacrifice
**** Europe - The Final Countdown
** Eurythmics - Here Come The rain again
Falco - Jeanny
*** Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Feargal Sharkey - A Good Heart
* Fiction Factory - Feels Like Heaven
* Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
**** Foreigner - I Don't Want To Live Without You
***** Foreigner - I want to know what love is
***** Foreigner - Waiting for a girl like you
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power of love
**** Freur-Doot Doot (ADD BY ME)
* Gazebo - I Like Chopin
**** Genesis - Invisible Touch
* George Harrison - Got my mind set on you
Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry

80s Hits Part 2

* Guns N' Roses - Sweet child o' mine
**** Haddaway - What is love
*** Hall & Oates - Maneater
***** Heart - Alone
** Human League - Don't You want me
***** Human League - Human
Imagination - Illusion
* Jermaine Jackson & Pia Zadora - When the rain begins to fall
John Farnham - You're the voice
***** John Waite - Missing You
***** Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
*** Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock
** Katrina and The Waves - Walking on sunshine
***** Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
**** Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
Kiss - I Was made for lovin' you
**** Kool and the Gang - Cherish
Kool and the Gang - Joanna
*** Laura Branigan - Self Control
**** Lionel Richie - All night long
**** Lionel Richie - Dancing on the ceiling
**** Lionel Richie - Say you, say me
** Men At Work - Down Under
***** Michael Jackson - Beat It
***** Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
***** Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Midge Ure - If I Was
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
***** Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running
***** Mr.Mister - Broken Wings
*** Mr.Mister - Kyrie
Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok
Nik Kershaw - The Riddle
Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good
Paul Young - Come Back And Stay
* Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
Pet Shop Boys - It's A Sin

Phil Collins | Finally... The First Farewell Tour

Live at Bercy, Paris

1. Drums, drums & more drums
2. Something happened on the way to Heaven
3. Against all odds
4. Don't lose my number
5. Chat to audience
6. You'll be in my heart
7. One more night
8. Can't stop loving you
9. Hang in long enough
10. True colours
11. Come with me
12. Groovy kind of love
13. I missed again
14. Another day in paradise
15. No way out
16. Separate lives
17. In the air tonight
18. Dance into the light
19. You can't hurry love
20. Two hearts
21. Wear my hat
22. Easy lover
23. Sussudio
24. It's not too late
25. Take me home


***** Phil Collins - Against All Odds (ADD BY ME)
***** Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
*** Phil Collins - Can't Turn Back The Years (ADD BY ME)
***** Phil Collins - Do You Remember
*** Phil Collins - Everyday (ADD BY ME)
***** Phil Collins - Groovy Kind of Love (ADD BY ME)
**** Phil Collins - I Wish It Would Rain Down (ADD BY ME)
***** Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (ADD BY ME)
***** Phil Collins - One More Night (ADD BY ME)
**** Phil Collins - Sussudio (ADD BY ME)
***** Phil Collins - Take Me Home (ADD BY ME)
*** Phil Collins - True Colors
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
*** Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
**** Real Life - Send Me An Angel
* REM - Losing My Religion
*** REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
**** REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
**** Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

80s Hits Part 3

**** Rick Astley - Together Forever
Sandra - Maria Magdalena
**** Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
*** Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go (ADD BY ME)
Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking
**** Simple Minds - Don't you forget about me
***** Simply Red - Holding back the years
**** Simply Red - If you don't know me by now
Soulsister - The way to your heart
** Spandau Ballet - Gold
***** Spandau Ballet - True
***** Starship - Nothing's gonna stop us now
***** Starship - Sarah
***** Starship - We Build this city
Status Quo - In The Army Now
**** Steve Winwood - Higher Love
***** Steve Winwood - Valerie
**** Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
Sting - Englishman in New York
**** Talk Talk - It's my life
***** Tears for Fears - Everybody want's to rule the world
* Tears for Fears - Mad world
***** Tears for Fears - Shout
* The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio star
***** The Cars - Drive
The Connells - '74 '75
* The Ph.D - I Won't Let You Down
***** The Police - Every breath you take
*** Tina Turner - Simply The Best
**** Tina Turner - What's love got to do with it
***** Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
**** Toto - Africa
**** Toto - Rosanna
**** U2 - Pride
*** U2 - Where the streets have no name
Ultravox - Dancing with tears in my eyes
*** Van Halen - Jump
***** Wham! - Careless Whisper
Wham! - Club Tropicana
**** Wham! - Last Christmas
Wham! - The Edge of Heaven
*** Wham! - Wake me up before you Go Go
Wham! - Where did your heart go?
**** Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
* Whitesnake - Is this Love
***** Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All (ADD BY ME)
***** Whitney Houston - How Will I Know (ADD BY ME)
***** Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing (ADD BY ME)
***** Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (ADD BE ME)
***** Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (ADD BY ME)
***** Whitney Houston - Run To You (ADD BY ME)
***** Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You (ADD BY ME)
***** Whitney Houston - So Emotional (ADD BY ME)

*** Yes - Owner of a lonely heart


Bookmark and Share


0 comments: